||Royal Bank of Scotland
- Bank of England – The central bank of the United Kingdom. The Bank was established in 1694, nationalised in 1946, and gained independence in 1997.
- Bank of Scotland – A commercial bank based in Edinburgh. In 2001, it merged with the Halifax to form HBOS. Since 2009, the Bank of Scotland has formed a key part of the Lloyds Banking Group, following the acquisition of HBOS by Lloyds TSB Group.
- Barclays – A global financial services group with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. It operates in 50 countries and serves over 50 million clients worldwide. Barclays is the second largest bank in the UK in terms of assets.
- Bristol & West – A division of Bank of Ireland. It is a former commercial bank in the United Kingdom. The bank's main business was mortgage lending, although in 2009 its business was transferred to Bank of Ireland and the company became a shell company.
- Citibank UK
- Clydesdale Bank – One of the largest banks in Scotland with over £47 billion in total assets. Clydesdale operates as a subsidiary of National Australia Bank.
- Co-operative Banking Group – A banking and insurance company headquartered in Manchester, UK. It has following subsidiaries: Co-operative Bank, Co-operative Insurance and Co-operative Investments.
- Duncan Lawrie – A small private bank with headquarters in Belgravia, London. It operates as a subsidiary of Camellia Group, an international holding company.
- Egg Banking plc – The leading UK internet bank. It currently operates as a subsidiary of Yorkshire Building Society. The company was established in 1998.
- Halifax is a trading name of HBOS, itself a subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group. In the United Kingdom, the Halifax is used as brand for Bank of Scotland branches in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and for savings and mortgages in Scotland.
- HBOS – A UK-based banking and insurance company and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Lloyds Banking Group.
- HSBC Holdings – One of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world with offices in 88 countries. The Bank serves over 95 million customers worldwide. HSBC is the largest bank in UK by assets.
- Lloyds Banking Group is the fourth largest banking group in the UK, formed through the acquisition of HBOS by Lloyds TSB in 2009. As of March 31, 2012, the company had £966.770 billion in total assets.
- Man Group – A leading alternative investment management business. It provides investment management services to private investors, institutions and financial professionals worldwide. The company has about US$52.0 billion in assets under management (August 1, 2013).
- NatWest (National Westminster Bank) – One of the largest retail and commercial bank in the UK serving about 8 million personal customers. As at June 30, 2012, it had assets of £374.33 billion. National Westminster Bank operates as a subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
- Nationwide Building Society – One of the leading retail financial services providers in the United Kingdom and the largest mutual building society in the world.
- Reliance Bank was established in 1890 and is owned by The Salvation Army. It provides personal banking, business banking, lending, and insurance and investment services.
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS Group) – The third largest banking group in the United Kingdom in terms of total assets. It controls Royal Bank of Scotland plc, National Westminster Bank, and Ulster Bank in Ireland. RBS serves over 30 million customers in the UK, Europe, the Americas and Asia.
- Schroders – A British asset management company established in 1804. It manages US$305.1 billion on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients worldwide.
- Scotiabank in UK through its subsidiary Scotiabank Europe plc provides a wide array of business, corporate and investment banking services as well as precious metals products and services through ScotiaMocatta.
- Smile (smile.co.uk) – A British internet bank and part of The Co-operative Bank. It was UK's first full internet bank in 1999.
- Santander UK – One of the largest financial services providers in the United Kingdom. It is the second largest residential mortgage lender and a top three savings brand.
- Standard Chartered Bank – The world's leading emerging markets bank with a strong presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. It employs over 73,000 people in over 1,700 offices in 70 countries.
- Standard Life – A leading long term savings and investments company. Standard Life’s business includes one of the largest life and pensions businesses in the UK with over 4.5 million customers.
- Tesco Bank – A telephone and internet bank owned by Tesco, the UK's largest supermarket and one of the world's largest retailers with operations in 14 countries.
- Yorkshire Bank – A commercial bank in England founded in 1859 in Halifax, West Yorkshire. It operates as a subsidiary of National Australia Bank Group.
See also: Arab Banks in London
Top Banks in UK
||Assets ($b, 30/06/2012)
||Assets ($b, 31/12/2011)
||Assets ($b, 31/12/2010)
||Royal Bank of Scotland Group
||Lloyds Banking Group
||National Westminster Bank (NatWest) (1)
||Standard Chartered plc
||Santander UK (2)
||Co-operative Banking Group
||Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank (3)
||Northern Rock plc
(1) National Westminster Bank (NatWest) is a subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
(2) Santander UK subsidiaries: Abbey National, Bradford & Bingley, Alliance & Leicester, Cater Allen, Cahoot.
(3) Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank are subsidiaries of the National Australia Bank (NAB).