|Bank of Baroda||Bank of India||ICICI Bank||Punjab National Bank||State Bank of India|
Ads by Google
- ABN AMRO India – ABN AMRO commenced operations in India in 1920 when the first branch was opened in Kolkata. In March 2010, ABN AMRO Bank N.V. in India was renamed The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V. in India.
- Allahabad Bank – The oldest joint stock bank in the country with locations all over India. In 2007, the Bank opened first overseas branch in Hong Kong.
- Andhra Bank was founded in 1923 by the eminent freedom fighter and a multifaceted genius, Dr. Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya. Andhra Bank opened a representative office in Dubai in May, 2006 and another at Jersey City (USA) in June 2009.
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank India (ADCBI) started its business in India in 1980. It has offices in Mumbai and Bangalore. Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank is one of the largest commercial banks in UAE.
- Axis Bank was the first of the new private banks to have begun operations in 1994, after the Government of India allowed new private banks to be established. The Bank has a wide network of more than 1,000 offices and over 4,100 ATMs. This is one of the largest ATM networks in the country. The Bank's registered office is located in Ahmedabad and its central office in Mumbai.
- Bank of India – The 4th largest bank in India with over 4,000 domestic branches and more than Rs3.845 trillion (US$75.58 billion) in total assets (3/2012). It also has 30 offices abroad.
- Bank of Baroda – One of the largest banks in India with about 3,900 local and 87 international branches and over 1,400 ATMs. BoB was established in July 1908 by Maharajah of Baroda, Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad III.
- Canara Bank was founded by Shri Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, a great visionary and philanthropist, in July 1906, at Mangalore. Today, Canara Bank occupies a premier position among the Indian banks. As at June 2012, the Bank has further expanded its domestic presence, with over 3,100 offices spread across all geographical segments.
- Centurion Bank of Punjab was an Indian private-sector bank that provided retail and corporate banking services. In 2008, HDFC Bank acquired Centurion Bank of Punjab.
- Corporation Bank was established in 1906 and currently operates a network of 1,500 offices and 1,290 ATMs. As of March, 2012, the Bank had total assets of Rs.2,36,612 crore, total deposits of Rs.1,36,142 crore and total advances of Rs.1,00,469 crore.
- DCB (Development Credit Bank Ltd.)
- Dena Bank was founded in 1938 by the family of Devkaran Nanjee under the name Devkaran Nanjee Banking Company. It became a Public Company in December 1939 and later the name was changed to Dena Bank. In July 1969 Dena Bank was nationalized and is now a Public Sector Bank. It has a network of 1,122 offices and 295 ATMs across the country. The head office is located in Mumbai.
- Deutsche Bank India – Deutsche Bank established its first branch in India in 1980. Currently, it employs more than 7,800 people and has offices in 15 cities. DBI has recently launched retail banking in India. It offers a comprehensive array of retail banking products and services from current and savings accounts to salary overdrafts, investment products and loans.
- ICICI Bank is India's second-largest bank with total assets of INR 7.475 trillion (US$125 billion) at March 31, 2014. It has a network of about 2,800 offices and over 9,200 ATMs across the country.
- IDBI Bank – Industrial Development Bank of India
- Indian Bank – One of the big public sector banks of India. With 1,750 local offices, it employs over 22,000 people. It also has overseas branches in Colombo, Singapore, and 240 correspondent banks in 70 countries.
- ING Vysya Bank – A retail and commercial bank, formed after the ING Group merged with Vysya Bank in 2002. As of September 30, 2011, ING Vysya Bank had Rs.410.95 billion in total assets. The company is headquartered in Bangalore and employs over 6,500 people.
- Indian Overseas Bank – A major bank, with more than 2,300 domestic branches, six branches overseas and over 1,300 ATMs throughout India. IOB was founded in February 1937 and is headquartered in Chennai (Madras).
- IndusInd Bank Ltd was founded in 1994 and derived its name from the Indus Valley civilisation. The Bank serves 2 million customers and has a network of over 200 offices and 430 ATMs spread over 168 geographical locations in 28 states and union territories. The Bank also has a representative office in Dubai and London.
- The Federal Bank Ltd – The fourth largest bank in India in terms of capital base. It has over 690 ATMs and 669 Branches across India in addition to the representative office at Abu Dhabi.
- Guardian Souharda Sahakari Bank Niyamita
- HDFC Bank– HDFC was incorporated in August 1994, and currently has an nationwide network of 1,725 Branches and 4,000 ATM's in 771 Indian towns and cities.
- HSBC Bank India
- Maharshtra Bank was founded on September 16, 1935. With a network of 1,506 offices at the end of 2010, Bank of Maharashtra has a presence in 23 States and 2 UTs including Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Meghalaya. The Bank has the largest network of branches by any public sector bank in the state of Maharashtra. Its total assets reached Rs.481 billion in 2008.
- Mandvi Bank – Mandvi was acquired by Saraswat Cooperative Bank in 2006.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) – OBC was established on 19 February, 1943 in Lahore. It is one of the public sector banks in India. The bank was nationalized in 1980. On 14 August 2004, Global Trust Bank Limited (GTB) was amalgamated into OBC. GTB was a leading private sector bank in India.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) was established in 1895 at Lahore in undivided India. The bank was nationalised in July 1969 along with 13 other banks. PNB has one of the largest branch networks in the country consisting of over 5,100 branches.
- Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank – The PMC bank commenced its operations on 13th February, 1984. With a short span of just 16 years, it has achieved SCHEDULED STATUS on 29.01.2000 and is the youngest co-operative bank to achieve the status.
- Reserve Bank of India – The Central Bank of India.
- Standard Chartered Bank – The Chartered Bank opened its first overseas branch in India, at Kolkata, on 12 April 1858. Today the Bank's branches in India are directed and administered from Mumbai (Bombay) with Kolkata remaining an important trading and banking centre.
- South Indian Bank (SIB) – SIB is a private sector bank headquartered at Thrissur in Kerala. It has 580 offices and 375 ATMs across more than 26 states and union territories in India. South Indian Bank was formed on the 29th January 1929 by a group of 44 enterprising men.
- State Bank of Hyderabad – An associate of State Bank of India, SBH is authorized to conduct government business.
- Saraswat Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI) – SBI is India’s largest commercial bank and among the top 20 banks in Asia. With over 16,000 branches, It has the largest branch network in India. SBI has more than 157 offices in nearly 37 other countries, including multiple locations in the US, Canada, UK and Nigeria.
- State Bank of Saurashtra
- Syndicate Bank – One of the oldest and major commercial banks of India. It was originally incorporated in 1925 as Canara Industrial and Banking Syndicate with its head office in Udipi, Karnataka. It was renamed as Syndicate Bank with effect from January 1, 1964, and the head office was shifted to Manipal, Karnataka on April 19, 1964. The bank, along with 13 major commercial banks of India, was nationalized on 19 July 1969. As of June 30, 2012, it had over 2,640 offices in India spread over 23 states and four union territories.
- UCO Bank has 34 regional offices spread all over India. The headquarters is located in Kolkata.
- Union Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank – Vijaya Bank has the highest number of branches in its home state, Karnataka.
Top Banks in India
|Rank||Bank||Net Income in Ths of US $ (Dec, 2008)|
|1||State Bank of India (SBI)||2,193,163.00|
|2||ICICI Bank Limited||663,347.00|
|3||Punjab National Bank||614,694.00|
|4||Bank of India||605,331.00|
|5||Bank of Baroda||470,099.00|
|6||HDFC Bank Ltd||442,069.00|
|8||Power Finance Corporation Limited||386,684.00|
|10||Standard Chartered Bank India||374,280.00|