|Bank Austria||Erste Bank||Hypo Landesbank||Oberbank||Raiffeisen Bank|
- Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) – The central bank of Austria, established on June 1, 1816.
- Autobank AG – A subsidiary of Albis Leasing AG. Autobank formerly operated as a subsidiary of Salzer Holding Gmbh.
- Bank Austria – The largest bank in Austria with market shares ranging from 15 to 50 percent. Since 2005, It has been a member of UniCredit Group.
- Bankhaus Spängler is a traditional, independent private bank. It was established in 1828 and is the oldest private bank in Austria.
- BAWAG P.S.K. – One of the largest retail banks in Austria, formed on 1 October 2005 by the fusion of the separate P.S.K. and BAWAG banking firms. The bank serves 1.2 million private and more than 60,000 business customers. It has the country’s largest centrally controlled sales center and manages a savings volume of 18.5 billion Euros - more than any other bank in Austria.
- Easybank AG – A division of BAWAG P.S.K.
- Erste Group Bank AG – The largest bank in Austria and one of the largest financial services companies in Central and Eastern Europe. It has about 2,850 branches in Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia and Ukraine. As of March 31, 2014, the company had total assets of EUR 203.903 billion.
- Hypo Alpe-Adria-Bank – With cross-border activities in 12 countries of the Alps-Adriatic region, Hypo Alpe Adria has a very good position in the economic area constituted by South Eastern Europe. It has branches in Austria, Italy, Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Hungary, Bulgaria and the Ukraine.
- Hypo Tirol Bank AG is universal bank acting in the core market of the Tyrol. State of Tirol is 100% owner of the Bank. The company was established in 1898 and is headquartered in Innsbruck.
- Hypo Landesbank Vorarlberg
- Kommunalkredit Austria AG was established in 1958 as a specialised bank to provide subsidised long-term financing to local authorities in Austria. Its focus is mainly on financing regional infrastructure and environmental projects. It also provides consultancy services and is cooperating with the Austrian government in providing support to environmental projects in CEE.
- Oberbank AG
- Oesterreichische Kontrollbank AG (OeKB) – OeKB is a specialised institution owned by Austrian commercial banks. Within the Austrian financial market, OeKB plays a central role and is thus a hub of information for all matters in connection with the Austrian capital market.
- Raiffeisen Zentralbank – One of the country's leading commercial and investment banks.
- Schoellerbank – One of the largest and oldest private banks in Austria. It is a modern private bank within the international alliance of UniCredit Group. Schoellerbank was established in 1833.
- Steiermarkische Sparkasse – The largest regional bank in the southeast of Austria. It also has branches in Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Volksbank AG – The central institution of the Volksbank sector as well as a commercial bank and financial services provider.
Top Banks in Austria
|Rank||Bank (Total Assets, EUR, bn)||2013||2012||2011||2010||2009|
|1||Erste Group Bank AG||199.876||213.820||210.006||205.770||201.513|
|2||UniCredit Bank Austria AG||196.210||207.596||199.229||193.049||194.459|
|3||Raiffeisen Bank International AG (RBI)||130.640||136.116||146.985||131.173||76.275|
|4||VB Verbund (Volksbanken Verbund) *||n/a||46.180||59.774||65.167||66.167|
|7||Hypo Alpe-Adria-Bank International AG||31.273||33.804||35.132,5||38.753||41.079|
|9||Volksbank AG (VBAG Group, ÖVAG)||20.904||27.640||43.693||46.550||48.129|
|11||Raiffeisen-Landesbank Steiermark AG||n/a||14.996||14.432||13.751||13.153|
|12||Hypo Landesbank Vorarlberg||14.145||14.492||14.213||13.561||13.276|
* VB Verbund is a cooperative banking group which includes 59 primary banks (regional Volksbanks and specialized banks) and Volksbank AG (VBAG or Österreichische Volksbanken-AG (ÖVAG)), the central institution.