- Ceska sporitelna – The largest retail bank in the Czech Republic with over 5 million customers. It operates as a subsidiary of Erste Group Bank AG.
- Ceskoslovenska Obchodni Banka – The largest bank in the country based on total assets. It was privatized in June 1999 when KBC Bank, a member of Belgium’s KBC group, became the majority owner.
- Czech Export Bank (CEB) – One of the pillars of the government’s pro-export policy system. It has received an A rating from Standard and Poor's and an A1 rating from Moody's Investors Services.
- Czech National Bank (CNB) – The central bank of the Czech Republic and the supervisor of the Czech financial market. Miroslav Singer is the Governor of the Czech National Bank. He received his PhD in Economics from the University of Pittsburgh in 1995.
- Komercni banka – One of the largest universal commercial banks in the Czech Republic. The Bank’s almost 1.60 million customers can access its banking services through over 400 branches and 677 ATMs throughout the country.
- Patria Finance – The first Czech full-service investment bank, established in 1994. Patria is a wholly owned subsidiary of KBC bank.
- Raiffeisenbank (Czech Republic) – The group operates in the Czech Republic for over 140 years. As of December 31, 2009, it had over 2,600 employees serving more than 407,000 clients through a network of over 110 branches. Raiffeisenbank is the only bank on the Czech market that offers its customers a current account with no maintenance fee, which it calls the “ekonto”. Global Finance awarded it the title of “Best Bank” in the Czech Republic in 2009.
- UniCredit Bank Czech Republic started its activities in the Czech market in November 2007. Today, it has network of over 55 branches and over 60 ATMs and serves more than 230,000 customers. As of 30 June 2011, UniCredit Bank Czech Republic’s total assets amounted to CZK 258,85 million, which represents an increase by 0.3% in comparison to the figure from 30 June 2010 (CZK 257,97 million).
- Volksbank CZ – A universal commercial bank, offering a wide range of products and services in retail and corporate banking. Volksbank CZ has been active successfully on the Czech market since 1993. Volksbank CZ have 57 branches in the Czech Republic. The bank’s main shareholder is Volksbank International AG.
- Živnostenská banka – The oldest Czech bank, founded in 1868. Since 2002 it has been a member of the UniCredit Group. In 2007, Zivnostenska banka was acquired by HVB Bank and new bank was named UniCredit Bank Czech Republic.
Top Banks in Czech Republic
|(in Kc billions, 30.09.2010)
||Net profit Q1-3 2010
||Net profit Q1-3 2009