| Bank Negara Malaysia
||RHB Banking Group
- Affin Bank – A wholly owned subsidiary of Affin Holdings Berhad. The company started operations in January 2001 following a merger between the former Perwira Affin Bank and BSN Commercial Bank in August 2000. Today the Bank operates a network of more than 80 branches across Malaysia.
- Alliance Financial Group Berhad (AFGB) – A financial services company headquartered in Kuala Lumpur. It includes the Alliance Islamic Bank, Alliance Bank Malaysia, a leading financial institution in the country, and Alliance Investment Bank.
- AMMB Holdings (AmBank Group) – The fifth largest banking group in Malaysia, with more than 200 domestic branches and over 800 automated teller machines. It was founded in 1975 by Merchant Banking pioneer Hussain Najadi. Tan Sri Azman Hashim, the chairman, controls one-third of AMMB Holdings. In February 2011, AmBank Group acquired AmIslamic Bank Berhad.
- Hong Leong Group – A diversified financial group with gross assets of more than S$30billion. It employs over 40,000 people across 19 countries.
- Bank Negara Malaysia – The Central Bank of Malaysia established in January 1959. As the country's monetary authority, BNM is responsible to maintain monetary stability. Bank Negara has representative offices in London and New York.
- CIMB Group – One of the largest financial institutions in Malaysia. CIMB Group has the widest retail branch network across the Southeast Asian region. Headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, CIMB has a presence in 14 countries, covering ASEAN and major global financial centres.
- Maybank – The largest financial group in Malaysia established in 1960 by Malaysian business tycoon Khoo Teck Puat. As of December 31, 2010, Maybank had total assets of RM358 billion (US$116,8 billion). The Group also has the largest network of domestic branches (380+) and more than 2,800 ATMs.
- Public Bank Bhd – One of the leading financial services providers in Malaysia established in 1966 by its Founder and Chairman Teh Hong Piow. Public Bank is the biggest bank in Malaysia by shareholders' funds. In terms of size, it is the third largest domestic bank by market capitalisation and balance sheet.
- RHB Banking Group – The fifth largest fully integrated financial service group in Malaysia. RHB has more than 180 offices across the region.
Top Banks in Malaysia
The following table shows the largest Malaysian Banks ranked by assets and market capitalization as of end 2009. The other banks operating on the local market are HSBC, OCBC, Stan Chart, Citibank and UOB.
||Assets (RM, bn)
||Market Capitalization (RM, bn)
||Alliance Financial Group
SWIFT Codes for Banks in Malaysia
SWIFT code is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) approved by the International Organization for Standardization. It is the unique identification code of a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money between banks. The SWIFT code is 8 or 11 characters. For Malaysian Banks, only 8 characters swift code is required. In case the issuing banks requires 11 characters then just add XXX at the end.
Affin Bank Berhad – PHBMMYKL
Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad – MFBBMYKL
Ambank Berhad – ARBKMYKL
Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad – BIMBMYKL
Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Berhad – BKRMMYK1
Bank Muamalat Berhad – BMMBMYKL
Bank of America – BOFAMY2X
Bank Simpanan Nasional – BSNAMYK1
CIMB Bank Berhad – CIBBMYKL
Citibank Berhad Malaysia – CITIMYKL
Deustche Bank – DEUTMYKL
EON Bank Berhad – EOBBMYKL
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad – HBMBMYKL
Hong Leong Bank Berhad – HLBBMYKL
Malayan Banking Berhad – MBBEMYKL
OCBC Bank Berhad – OCBCMYKL
Public Bank Berhad – PBBEMYKL
RHB Bank Berhad swift code – RHBBMYKL
Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad – SCBLMYKX
United Overseas Bank Berhad – UOVBMYKL