- Afirme Grupo Financiero, S. A. de C. V.
- Banamex – The second largest bank in Mexico. It operates as is a subsidiary of Citicorp México Holding LLC, which in turn is a subsidiary of Citigroup Inc.
- Banca Afirme, S.A.
- Banco Azteca – One the largest banks in Mexico in terms of coverage.
- Banco del Bajío (BanBajío) – A medium-sized wholesale bank with branch network in the Bajío region of Mexico. It focuses on commercial banking for small and medium companies, as well as agroindustry. It is one of the 60 largest banks in Latin America.
- Banco de Mexico (Banxico) – The central bank of Mexico. Its main function is to provide currency to the domestic economy. Banxico was established on September 1, 1925.
- Banco Interacciones, S.A. – A banking subsidiary of Grupo Financiero Interacciones, S.A. de C.V.
- Bancomext (Banco de Comercio Exterior) – A Mexican state-owned bank. It is an instrument of the Mexican government used to increase the competitiveness of Mexican companies.
- Banco Monex – A subsidiary of Monex Grupo Financiero.
- Banorte – The last remaining large group in Mexico controlled by local share-holders. The rest of the large banks are controlled by international groups such as Citigroup, BBVA, Santander, HSBC and Scotiabank. Total assets amounted to MXN 955.4 billion (US$77 billion) as of March 31, 2013.
- Seguros Banorte-Generali – A subsidiary of Grupo Financiero Banorte. The company provides life and general insurance services.
- Bank of America Mexico – A subsidiary of BankAmerica International Financial Corporation. The company provides corporate banking services in Mexico.
- BanRegio (Banco Regional de Monterrey) – The third largest bank in Monterrey and the 12th biggest Mexican bank by loans. BanRegio Grupo Financiero is the holding company of Banco Regional de Monterrey.
- Barclays Bank Mexico is a direct subsidiary of Grupo Financiero Barclays Mexico, a subsidiary of Barclays Capital. The company offers banking and security broking services.
- BBVA Bancomer – The largest financial institution in Mexico, dominating about 20% of the market.
- Compartamos Banco – The largest microfinance bank in Latin America with over 2.39 million clients most of them women entrepreneurs. The Bank provides small loans to low-income individuals and business owners as well as insurance services.
- Deutsche Bank Mexico, S.A. provides commercial banking services in the country. In 1995 and 2000, Deutsche Bank expanded its local presence by obtaining licenses for a broker dealer (Deutsche Securities, S.A. de C.V. Casa de Bolsa) and a bank subsidiary (Deutsche Bank Mexico, S.A. Institución de Banca Múltiple).
- Inbursa (Grupo Financiero Inbursa, S.A.B. de C.V.) represents the financial services operations of Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim Helu. It has 96 domestic offices and two call centres. Banco Inbursa is the main subsidiary of Grupo Financiero Inbursa and one of the most capitalized banks in Mexico.
- ING Bank Mexico – One of the ten largest banks in Mexico. It is a Mexican specialized bank focused on trading activities and corporate finance services. As of December 31, 2011, the Bank’s total assets were MXN96.5 billion (US$6.92 billion).
- Grupo Elektra – Latin America’s leading financial services company and specialty retailer. The company expands mass market consumption through accessible credit in its more than 2,000 points of sale in eight countries. Grupo Elektra has two main businesses: the financial business and the commercial business.
- Grupo Financiero Interacciones – A holding company primarily active in the financial sector. Carlos Hank Rhon and family members own over 93% of Grupo Financiero Interacciones.
- Grupo Financiero Multiva (GFMULTI) (former name Multivalores Grupo Financiero SA) is an asset management company that, through its subsidiaries, is principally active in the financial sector.
- Grupo Profuturo SAB de CV – A Mexico-based holding company principally engaged in the financial sector.
- Grupo Financiero Scotiabank Inverlat – A member of Scotiabank Group, which owns 97.3% of its capital stock.
- HSBC Mexico – One of Mexico’s largest banking and financial services companies. The bank has more than 1,400 branches throughout Mexico and serves over 8 million clients.
- Ixe Grupo Financiero – A publicly traded financial group based in Mexico. It focuses on offering top quality products and services to individual and corporate clients. In 2011, Ixe Grupo Financiero merged with Grupo Financiero Banorte.
- Santander Mexico – One of the largest banks in Mexico.
The Largest Banks in Mexico
MXN b, 30/06/2012
||Grupo Financiero BBVA Bancomer, S.A. de C.V.
||Grupo Financiero Banamex S.A. de C.V.
||Grupo Financiero Banorte, S.A.B. de C.V.
||Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V.
||Grupo Financiero HSBC, S.A. de C.V.
||Grupo Financiero Inbursa, S.A.B. de C.V.
||Grupo Financiero Scotiabank Inverlat, S.A. de C.V.
||Deutsche Bank Mexico, S.A., Institucion de Banca Multiple
||Grupo Financiero Interacciones, S.A. de C.V.
||Afirme Grupo Financiero, S. A. de C. V.
||Banco del Bajio
||Banco del Bajio, S.A.
||Bank of America
||Bank of America Mexico, S.A.
||Ixe Banco, S.A.
||ING Bank (Mexico), S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple
||Banco Azteca, S.A.
||Banregio Grupo Financiero, S.A.B. de C.V.
||Monex Grupo Financiero, S.A. de C.V.
||Grupo Financiero Mifel, S.A. de C.V.
||Invex Controladora, S.A.B. de C.V.
||J. P. Morgan
||Banco J.P. Morgan, S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple
||Banco Invex, S.A.
||Grupo Financiero Credit Suisse (Mexico), S.A. De C.V.
||Grupo Financiero Barclays Mexico, S.A de C.V
||Grupo Financiero Multiva S.A.B.
||Ve por Mas
||Grupo Financiero Ve por Mas, S.A. de C.V.
||Caja Popular Mexicana
||Caja Popular Mexicana, S.C. de A.P. de R.L. de C.V.
||Ally Credit, S.A. de C.V., Sociedad Financiera de Objeto Multiple, Entidad No Regulada
||Bancoppel, S.A. Institucion de Banca Multiple
||Banco Bansi, S.A.
||Banco Compartamos, S.A., Institucion de Banca Multiple
||Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
||Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Mexico), S.A., Institucion de Banca Multiple
||Banco Ahorro Famsa
||Banco Ahorro Famsa, S.A.
||American Express Bank (Mexico), S.A., Institucion de Banca Multiple
1 - 31/03/2012, 2 - 31/12/2011