HSBC India is one of the top foreign banks in the country. HSBC’s history in India can be traced to the Mercantile Bank of India, which opened its first office in Mumbai in 1853. Today, the Bank provides a complete range of banking products and services to corporate and retail customers through approximately 50 branches and 150 ATMs across the country. The Bank serves over 1.5 million customers including over 50,000 active commercial banking clients. The company offers savings accounts, fixed deposits, personal and business loans, home loans, education loans, debit and credit cards, NRI services, life and non-life insurance, investments, financial planning, internet and mobile banking. It also offers cash management, treasury and capital markets services, custody and clearing services, trade and factoring services, institutional and private banking. As of March 31, 2015, HSBC India had total assets of INR 1.376 trillion (US$22.02 billion) and deposits of INR 852.555 billion (US$13.64 billion).
HSBC Entities in India:
• HSBC Asset Management (India) Private Ltd.
• HSBC Electronic Data Processing India Private Ltd.
• HSBC Professional Services (India) Private Ltd.
• HSBC Securities and Capital Markets (India) Private
• HSBC Software Development (India) Private Ltd.
• HSBC InvestDirect (India) Ltd.
• HSBC InvestDirect Securities (India) Ltd.
• Investsmart Financial Services Ltd.
• HSBC InvestDirect Academy for Insurance and Finance
• HSBC InvestDirect Distribution Services (India) Ltd.
• HSBC InvestDirect Sales & Marketing (India) Ltd.
• HSBC Agency (India) Private Ltd.
• HSBC Global Shared Services (India) Private Ltd.
Head office address:
52/60 Mahatma Gandhi Road
Phone number: (22) 40891300, 4042 2424
SWIFT Code: HSBCINBB