ASB Bank established in 1847, is New Zealand's first savings bank. Today, it is one of the largest providers of financial and insurance services in New Zealand with over 135 branches nationwide. The company offers various personal and business banking products, including deposit services, personal and home loans, auto loans, debit and credit cards, online banking, investment and insurance products. ASB serves more than one million personal, business, rural, insurance, and share trading customers and has total assets of NZD$66 billion (2009). ASB Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia. In 1989, Commonwealth Bank bought the 75% of ASB's shares and in 2000, it bought the remaining 25% shares.
Head office address:
NCR House, 342-352 Lambton Quay, Wellington
Phone: (04) 494-1850
Fax: (04) 494-1860
Opening hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 4.30pm