Banca Popolare di Verona

Banca Popolare di Verona (BPV) was established in June 1867 and today is part of the Banco Popolare Group. It was the first Italian bank which purchased another Italian bank (Banco S.Geminiano e S.Prospero di Modena) in 1993. The Bank acquired Credito Bergamasco in 1997 and merged with Banca Popolare di Novara in 2002. In 2007, Banco Popolare di Verona e Novara merged with Banca Popolare Italiana to form Banco Popolare Group. The meaning of "popular" is that every shareholder who has more than 150 shares can vote during the shareholders' meeting.

Address:
Banca Popolare di Verona
Piazza Nogara, Verona
Tel: 045 867 5111
Website: www.bpv.it

14 September 2010
New executive management team in Banca Popolare di Verona

Banco Popolare announced the new management team of Banca Popolare di Verona – S.Geminiano e S.Prospero Spa, with one single chief officer to head the board and replace both the managing director Franco Baronio and the General manager Cristiano Carrus. For Franco Baronio it is a consensual termination of employment with the Group – regulated by a temporary contract – and in fact, owing to his well acknowledged professional qualities, he shall continue to serve as a Director in associates of Gruppo Banco Popolare like Agos, Avipop, Popolare Vita and Istituto Centrale Banche Popolari. Cristiano Carrus shall retain an important role within Banco Popolare, as general manager of the subsidiary Aletti Suisse in Lugano.